Crystals in red wines
March 29, 2020/0 Comments/by ABV
Due to limited processing of our wines, any time a red wine is stored at cold temperatures for a long period of time they will most likely develop tartaric acid crystals (pictured). These crystals are harmless and do not effect the taste of the wine. You will usually see these form on the cork or become stuck to the bottom and bottom edges of the bottle.
Also known as 'wine diamonds'. These crystals are considered to be a sign of quality because it means that the wine went through less processing. Many wines go through a process called cold stabilization where the wine is purposely cooled down and left at a cold temperature for an extended period of time. Anything that precipitates out of the wine is then removed. If a wine has diamonds, it means that it did not go through this process and was less manipulated (less processed). Valenzano Winery does a limited cold stabilization on some of our wines which removes a bulk of the tartaric acid but it never removes 100%.
To avoid a formation of these crystals simply store your wine at proper temperatures. If you want to chill a wine, do so for about 1 hour prior to serving. If you still find crystals simply decant and serve.
Wines that almost always have tartaric acid: Shamong Red Reserve, Cynthiana, Chambourcin
Tasting Room & Restaurant Operations Closed for 2 weeks to reduce spread of COVID-19
March 16, 2020/0 Comments/by ABV
Due to concerns over COVID-19 our company has made the decision to close our main tasting room and restaurant operations for two weeks with plans to reopen when advised by the CDC and state of New Jersey. Valenzano wines are still available for take-out purchase at our outlet locations, wine stores and licensed supermarkets throughout New Jersey.
Please GET YOUR HOME READY by following CDC guidelines listed at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/get-your-household-ready-for-COVID-19.html
How to become a food truck or craft vendor at WineFest and other Valenzano events.
February 29, 2020/0 Comments/by ABV
Valenzano Winery regularly accepts vendors to special events hosted at the winery and our festival & event grounds.
If you are interested in learning more about these opportunities the best place to start is by learning more about the events that we offer. You can do this by visiting our Events & Festivals page.
Every event we host is listed here. If you click on each individual event you will see a link to apply as a craft vendor or food truck.
If you do not see a link to register, it is because of the following reasons:
- Applications have not been released for the event you are interested in.
- We are longer accepting vendors for because we have reached capacity.
- We rarely accept vendors to any events less than 2 weeks out
- We do give preference to vendors that participate in our smaller (less profitable events)
- Food Trucks need to submit a menu during their application process. The menu is reviewed. If menu items are not approved we will contact you and give you the opportunity to receive a full refund if you are not pleased with our menu restrictions.
We do not accept vendor/crafter applications through facebook or social media platforms.
All food trucks and any vendor selling pre-packaged food must provide a certificate of liability and workers comp insurance. All food vendors are responsible for aquiring their own Board of Health permits and Division of Fire Safety Permits for any open flames.
PHOTO SHOOTS AT VALENZANO FAMILY WINERY
March 16, 2020/0 Comments/by ABV
Locations at Valenzano Family Winery are available for private photo shoots. If you are interested in using our property for a photo shoot please send an email to [email protected] with the following information:
· Date you would like to schedule your photo shoot
· Time of the photo shoot
· Specific property and location you would like to use for your photo shoot.
· Number of people who will be present during your photo shoot (including photographers)
Valenzano Winery maintains multiple farms, venues, indoor locations and production facility areas which all may be available for a photo shoot. These locations however are not all available at the same time and much of our property cannot be used for private shoots during business hours or during times when private events are booked at our property. The best way to guarantee that most of our property is available to you for your shoot is to schedule a private party with us. If that is not the case, the areas available to you will be limited dependent upon the time/date you are interested in.
If you have never visited our winery and are uncertain what locations you are interested in using for your photo shoot, we suggest you visit for a wine-tasting, or make a dinner reservation in order to learn more about our venue before requesting a private photo shoot. Options for photoshoots are intended for Valenzano Winery customers and people who are familiar with our property.
PHOTOSHOOT RATE: $175.00 PER HOUR
Loyalty Rewards & VIP Memberships now available! Sign up today for instant savings on Valenzano Wines.
February 21, 2020/0 Comments/by Valenzano Winery
· 1 POINT ACCUMULATED FOR EVERY $1.00 spent - $10.00 discount for 100 points
· FREE WINE TASTING AND CHEEESE PLATE FOR 2 ON BIRTHDAY MONTH
$250.00 NOW ONLY $175.00
Become a VIP member for exclusive membership rewards and special offers including (but not limited to):
· 20% discount off all wine purchases at Valenzano Winery tasting room and wine outlet locations.
· 2 Glasses of wine and a cheese plate each month when visiting the winery tasting room
· 1 Bottle of Wine Every Month from our handpicked selection.
· 25% Off 2 Entrees during Thursday Night Dinner - EVERY MONTH!
· 2 Tickets: Valentines Wine Trail Weekend
· 2 Tickets: Holiday Wine Trail Weekend
· First to be able to purchase a WineFest VIP Tent. Private Party Tents will be offered to our VIP Members before anyone else.
· Earn 1 Point for each Dollar you spent at Valenzano Winery. Redeem 100 points for a $10.00 discount.
- How Do I Reserve A Private Tent For WineFestNJ 2020
- Loyalty Rewards & VIP Memberships now available! Sign up today for instant savings on Valenzano Wines.
- Mother's Day Picnic 2020 Tickets Now Available at the winery tasting room.
- Listen to Anthony Valenzano & Jack Tomasello on Eat, Drink & Be Marilyn Podcast
- Brotherton Brewing Company set to open new headquarters and tasting room.