The 15th year of WineFest will be held on September 17 & 18, 2016. Our goal is always to make this event more fun, more entertaining and more comfortable for our family and guests. If you are new to WineFest below is a list of policies that have been put in place to ensure the most amount of visitors have the best possible experience. Following this advice will ensure that you have the best possible experience at WineFest 2016. We look forward to your visit!
Be sure to post photos at #winefestnj
Visit our new WineFest website at www.winefestnj.com
- There are currently 2 ways to purchase tickets. 1) By visiting the winery before September 16th between 11-4pm. 2) At the gate the day of the event. There are no online sales for this event.
- We have a lot of parking but it is limited. We do not charge for parking at our property. If our lot fills up – and it might- you may park at neighboring fields. These fields are not owned by us and will charge a small fee for parking.
- WineFest is a ‘rain or shine’ event. We don’t let the chance of a few showers ruin our plans. You shouldn’t either.
- Admission is CASH ONLY. We do not accept credit cards at the gate.
- Getting to our festival site from the south end of Old Indian Mills Rd. is always the quicker route. Tuckerton road is the route most traveled.
- Busses and Limos – Pull down the main driveway (even if the lot is filled up). If you arrive after 1:00pm this entrance will be 100x’s more convenient for your guests and will be much quicker access to the festival. Please do not drop your guests off on the road!
- There are 2 entrances. One is by our main parking lot. This can only be accessed by customers parking in our main lot. The second entrance is just off of Old Indian Mills Rd. Only visitors parking at our neighbor’s lots can access this entrance. No pedestrians will be permitted to walk down our main driveway. If you park north of our farm you must walk to the southern roadside entrance – not down the main driveway. If our driveway is not full use our main parking. Do not park on the side of the street. Parking on the street will cause an unnecessary long walk and will take you longer to get onto the property.
- Even though our family and staff are very friends to dogs; pets are not permitted at this event due to past incidents.
- Remember wine tasting is offered gratuitously by our participating wineries. Your ticket is for entrance to the festival grounds and entertainment. As always – if you have never tried Valenzano Wines – we invite you to visit our tasting room during regular business hours 7 days a week for a complimentary wine tasting. We will offer you a one-on-one tasting with a knowledgeable wine representative who will walk you through our selection of wines and help you find the perfect bottle to match your tastes. You may find this a more comfortable setting for wine tasting. If you get this out of the way you can spend more time enjoying the music, atmosphere and company at WineFest 2016. Regular business hours are Monday-Friday 11-5, Saturday and Sunday 11-4. We encourage you to visit for a complimentary wine tasting.
- Outside alcohol is not permitted other than wines produced by Valenzano Winery. There will be plenty of wine to purchase at the festival but we also allow customers to bring in their own selection of Valenzano Wines if those wines are in sealed, original bottles. We will have a giant tent with a full staff and multiple cash registers for wine purchases. Credit cards will be accepted at 2 registers; cash will be accepted at 4 registers. The cash line is always quicker.
- We are working on getting an ATM at the event but mobile ATMs do not always perform at large festivals. Most food vendors and crafters will only accept cash.
- Tents, and beach umbrellas are not permitted. Tables larger than 20″x20″ are not permitted.
- All visitors over 21 must have valid state driver’s license, passport or military ID. Over-21 guests will be given a designated wrist band indicating their age.
- NJ State Troopers will be patrolling the festival to ensure that only visitors with an over-21 wrist band are consuming wine. NJ State Police ensure us that there will be no tolerance for underage drinking.
- Bring a corkscrew!
- Bring a lawn chair – lawn blankets are discouraged. We have no problem with lawn blankets if they are being used. Our customers do have a problem with unattended lawn blankets laid all over the property.
- Keep hydrated. All of our vendors will be selling water and you can purchase bottled water for $1.00 at our wine sales tent.
- Keep an eye on your children. We have had several ‘lost kid’ incidents at festivals and it is never fun. Luckily our security has always done a great job and reuniting kids and parents.
- Our post-festival employee party will be stocked with all the confiscated alcohol we catch visitors trying to smuggle into the festival. You are welcome to try – but the people searching are the ones who plan on drinking later that evening. It’s not likely they are going to miss something – especially if it’s a good bourbon, Kettle One, or cold Jaegermister. One More Bar and Grill and Pic-A-Lilli play a big part in the organization and execution of this event. They will be open after the show so save your ‘non-wine drinking’ till then.
- Please drink responsibly. Valenzano Winery has been hosting this event for 15 years and our crowds are always the best! Please continue this tradition of responsible beverage consumption. Our trained staff will do its best to ensure that there are no incidents, but that can only be done if our customers are drinking responsibly as well as looking after their friends and family.
- Designate a Driver! After the festival there will be a lot of traffic with a lot of pedestrians. Be sure no one under the influence has a chance to get behind the wheel. NJ State Police will be monitoring activity in the parking lot after the festival.
- We put a lot of effort into ensuring there is always a great selection of food trucks and food vendors at WineFest. Supporting these local food vendors is the best way to ensure they keep coming back.
- Please post pictures to #winefestnj . You may win a prize or possibly a VIP tent for next year’s event.
Our staff at Valenzano Family Winery puts an enormous amount of effort into planning our festivals. Our goal is always ‘to provide the best possible experience for the largest number of visitors’. We are not perfect; we will anticipate incorrectly or forget something that should have been obvious. We assure you that when these things become evident – we will recognize our mistakes and plan for it the following year. One thing we are very proud if is the fact that every event we do is better managed, more entertaining, and more comfortable than the previous year’s event. This is only possible because our amazing customers consistently give us the benefit of the doubt, and understand their best interest is our ultimate goal. We have had 15 years to perfect WineFest – and it is going to be a wonderful event!
With that said – if something about the festival still drives you crazy to the point that you are compelled lay into us – please do so at [email protected] . I have this email set to forward all emails daily to my brother at 10:00pm, just before he goes to bed.